For the most part, you all know that I LOVE the Dark and Lovely Au Naturale anti-shrinkage line. So when I found out they were launching the anti-breakage products, I was suppppper excited to try it.
So here we go – below is 8 day dirty pelo.
WASHED WITH PRODUCT
Process Time: 1 hour and 7 minutes
Products (l to r):
Ecostyler styling gel, Dark and Lovely Au Naturale anti-breakage Root to Tip mender, Dark and Lovely Au Naturale anti-breakage Strength Restoring conditioner, Dark and Lovely Au Naturale anti-breakage Tension Release hair wash
Wash: 1X with Dark and Lovely Au Naturale anti-breakage Tension Release hair wash
Condition/Detangle: Dark and Lovely Au Naturale anti-breakage Strength Restoring conditioner. Finger combed hair from ends to root and rinsed with cold water.
Style: Coated hair with Dark and Lovely Au Naturale anti-breakage Root to Tip mender and then applied Ecostyler styling gel.
Diffused hair for 9 minutes on low heat.
Seal: (not shown)
VERDICT: 1 Thumb Up
- The scent- all of the products have a delightful citrusy fragrance
- After one wash, my hair felt clean and product buildup free
- The conditioner was thick in consistency which made it easy for detangling
- Reasonably priced
- My hair felt drier than normal so I had to add more quickie oil after styling
- The root to tip mender was too thick for my texture of hair (it is fine despite the volume)
- Significant amount of shrinkage
I really enjoyed trying out the products. The hair wash definitely lived up to its name – the rizos were definitely squeaky clean. I would use the conditioner consistently because I really liked the slip of it and it was significantly easier to detangle. I can also use it as a deep conditioner as mentioned on the label – Score! I would have to try using a lesser amount of the root to tip mender so my hair won’t feel weighed down.
I recommend these products. I have not been disappointed with Dark and Lovely products and the best part is they do not cost a fortune!
Thanks Dark and Lovely!